Training Programs Offered:
On Target Preparedness staff are certified to conduct training programs that correspond with the American Heart Association’s policies and regulations. Through their training and experience, OTP staff is equiped to train your organization’s team with realistic scenarios that they could face.
Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR & AED Training for Healthcare Professional
- Though an instructor led, hands-on format, BLS CPR & AED training is tailored to cover both single-rescuer and team-based basic life support skills for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on High-Quality CPR and team dynamics.
- Course content includes:
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infantsThe AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Heartsaver courses are designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (for example, OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
- There are several different Heartsaver courses available, including:
- Heartsaver First Aid: Designed to meet OSHA regulations, this course covers first aid basics, consisting of the most common life-threatening emergencies, how to recognize them, how to call for help, and how to perform lifesaving skills. The Heartsaver First Aid course teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives. Students learn duties and responsibilities of first aid rescuers; first aid actions for medical emergencies, including severe choking, heart attack, and stroke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones and sprains, and bites and stings.
- Heartsaver CPR AED: This course will teach you to recognize cardiac arrest, get emergency care on the way quickly, and help a person until more advanced care arrives to take over. The course also covers adult choking and naloxone. The Heartsaver CPR AED course teaches both adult and child CPR and AED use, infant CPR, and how to relieve choking in adults, children, and infants. This course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
Heartsaver First Aid CPR & AED: This course is designed to meet OSHA requirements and covers first aid basics and CPR and AED skills for adults, children, and infants. The Heartsaver First Aid CPR & AED course covers the content from both the Heartsaver First Aid and the CPR AED course providing students with the knowledge to manage an emergency until emergency medical services arrives.
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED: This course teaches basic first aid, CPR, and AED skills for children, and is ideal for childcare workers who need to meet regulatory training requirements. This course is intended for those working in a childcare setting, including: Child care workers, teachers, foster care workers, camp counselors, youth organization leaders, coaches for children’s sports organizations and others responsible for children including parents, grandparents, babysitters and guardians.
Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens: This course teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials. When paired with organization specific training on policies, this training is designed to meet OHSA requirements. This course is designed for anyone who has a reasonable chance coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens, including: Corrections officers, childcare workers, security guards, maintenance workers, school personnel, hotel housekeepers, health and fitness club staff, tattoo artists.